Is there a way to get notifications on your Apple Watch while using the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by aziatiklover, Jun 17, 2015.

1. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

My iPhone is always on "DO NOT DISTURB" mode and when I had my pebble I still get notifications fine while I used the iPhone. Now with the Apple watch I don't get anything on the watch if I am doing something on my iPhone. This is kinda annoying feature from Apple.

2. susan12369 macrumors 6502

No, not at this time at least. To me, it would be completely annoying if I got notifications on my watch while I was doing something on the phone. I don't want to receive notifications in multiple places, so appreciate the fact that notifications go to the device in use.

3. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Well it doesn't go when my iPhone is in use, but not for notifications. That is why it is always on "DO NOT DISTURB MODE"

4. jwball macrumors regular

Not sure I understand, notifications show up at the top of the phone even in DND. It's just the sound that's muted. At least on my phone it is.

5. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

DND doesn't show anything on my iPhone.

EDIT: I had my DND always on silence. Thanx.

6. pruitts macrumors newbie

pruitts

I know several who use their phone while driving, either for maps, streaming music, etc. and would like to have the option of Notifications still showing on the Watch. During that situation, it is much easier and less distracting to glance at the watch versus trying to read on the iPhone. It would be nice if there was an option in Watch OS2 to allow for notifications on both devices.

7. Alonso Quijano macrumors 6502

Not sure what you're asking op but you can set it up so you still get notifications on the Watch while your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb

You just open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, go into General, Do not Disturb, then set it so it doesn't duplicate iPhone settings

This way my phone is always on Do not Disturb and I only get messages on the watch

8. JoLong macrumors newbie

I think an example would be if I am in the middle of battle in Vain Glory and an iMessage notification pops up, it's very easy to open iMessage when trying to clear the notification by swiping up the notification...

I guess I'll have to remember to enable DnD next time.