Is there a way to get notifications on your Apple Watch while using the iPhone?

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
My iPhone is always on "DO NOT DISTURB" mode and when I had my pebble I still get notifications fine while I used the iPhone. Now with the Apple watch I don't get anything on the watch if I am doing something on my iPhone. This is kinda annoying feature from Apple.

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
No, not at this time at least. To me, it would be completely annoying if I got notifications on my watch while I was doing something on the phone. I don't want to receive notifications in multiple places, so appreciate the fact that notifications go to the device in use.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
No, not at this time at least. To me, it would be completely annoying if I got notifications on my watch while I was doing something on the phone. I don't want to receive notifications in multiple places, so appreciate the fact that notifications go to the device in use.
Well it doesn't go when my iPhone is in use, but not for notifications. That is why it is always on "DO NOT DISTURB MODE"

jwball

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2008
Well it doesn't go when my iPhone is in use, but not for notifications. That is why it is always on "DO NOT DISTURB MODE"
Not sure I understand, notifications show up at the top of the phone even in DND. It's just the sound that's muted. At least on my phone it is.

pruitts

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
I know several who use their phone while driving, either for maps, streaming music, etc. and would like to have the option of Notifications still showing on the Watch. During that situation, it is much easier and less distracting to glance at the watch versus trying to read on the iPhone. It would be nice if there was an option in Watch OS2 to allow for notifications on both devices.

Reactions: ckurt25

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
Not sure what you're asking op but you can set it up so you still get notifications on the Watch while your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb

You just open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, go into General, Do not Disturb, then set it so it doesn't duplicate iPhone settings

This way my phone is always on Do not Disturb and I only get messages on the watch

JoLong

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
I think an example would be if I am in the middle of battle in Vain Glory and an iMessage notification pops up, it's very easy to open iMessage when trying to clear the notification by swiping up the notification...

I guess I'll have to remember to enable DnD next time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.