Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
For all AT&T phones except the iPhone, callers are given an option to press 5 to leave a numeric page. In my line of work, this is very useful and I was wondering whether there is anyway to get this to work for the iPhone. I assume this is lost functionality somehow because it has a different voicemail system (Visual Voicemail) compared to the other phones. I'm aware of the ability to get text messages sent to me via SMS and email but would like a phone-centric paging option.

JimmyJJ

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2010
For all AT&T phones except the iPhone, callers are given an option to press 5 to leave a numeric page. In my line of work, this is very useful and I was wondering whether there is anyway to get this to work for the iPhone. I assume this is lost functionality somehow because it has a different voicemail system (Visual Voicemail) compared to the other phones. I'm aware of the ability to get text messages sent to me via SMS and email but would like a phone-centric paging option.

There is a paging company on the internet that offers "virtual paging" and I have it ringing to my iphone. Works like a standard old school pager but instead of carrying a separate beeper, the pages appear as a text message on my phone. I use if for alarm notification for my business. The link for their service is here: http://www.directpage.com/directpage-pagers-directpage-virtual-pager-service-c-29_67.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.