Is there a way to get to someone competent?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Nermal, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I downloaded a 1080p TV episode from iTunes and the file was damaged (specifically it's missing every 7th frame so it has jerky motion). I also tried the 720p version and it had the same issue, confirming that the fault is with the master file. I went to "report a problem" and let them know, and got back a response asking me to try redownloading.

I redownloaded the 1080p version, and it still had the issue. I told Apple, and they flagged the item as undownloaded in my account and asked me to try downloading it again.

After downloading it for a third time and confirming that the problem still exists, I was told that the problem must affect the original file (yes, I know, that's what I said in the first place!) and was given a download credit so that I can re-buy the video for free. I'm not sure what that's supposed to accomplish when the master file is damaged :rolleyes:

I asked whether the episode has been flagged for review (since I know that Apple has a process for this, ultimately resulting in an automated message once the file has been fixed). This question was ignored and I was told once again that I can use my account credit to re-buy the episode.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to skip all this nonsense and just get it officially logged as a fault?
  2. alent1234 macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2009
    It's not apple but the content creator uploading the file