Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratsaremyfreinds

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2019
i can only do it if i set ip hotspot on my phone. is there a way to get it to work on my ipad air 3?

Ratsaremyfreinds

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2019
dang i know my question is not to clear i stink at explaning my self with text. but i have a ipad and a visable sim card in the ipad. but it dont work in the ipad. it only works in my phone. i am hopeing someone could help me get it to work

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Can’t really help you but I got visible and it’s an amazing phone plan. 25 for unlimited everything on Verizon network.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
but i have a ipad and a visable sim card in the ipad. but it dont work in the ipad. it only works in my phone. i am hopeing someone could help me get it to work

Was the sim originally provisioned with the iPhone or with the iPad?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
i ordered it from visable for my google pixel 3axl i think i tryied the ipad first no luck

A sim card is normally associated with your devices IMEI number at the time it is provisioned (activated). So it is likely tied to your pixel. One sim (or equivalent), one device. Additional devices require their own separate sims and phone numbers. On T-Mobile I have 3 phone numbers and 3 sims (or their equivalent), one each for my phone, iPad and Watch. That way they can charge me a monthly fee for each device (phone number, imei number).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.