Is there a way to hide the menubar without hiding the dock?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cleanup, Jul 28, 2007.

1. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

:confused:

I shelled out $5 for Menufela but it hides both the menubar and dock by using the presentation mode seen in DVD Player and other fullscreen apps. You can't hide just the menubar. And it works a little wonky when switching apps after a fresh restart.

Is there a smoother way to do this?

Do you think it will be integrated into Leopard?

The menubar is one of my biggest gripes about Mac OS X, even though I've been a switcher for years. I just feel like things should be on the bottom. I like that the contextual menus have been moved out of the applications unlike in Windows, but they should be hidden until needed! :(

2. Samwise592 macrumors regular

The menu bar will be semi-transparent in leopard, but its never going away. Its absolutely essential for critical information (time, battery life, wifi, bluetooth, sound) and other third party (gmail, smcfancontrol, alarmclock, gimmesometune, insomniax) applications that require them to be visible.

3. cleanup thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

What? I wasn't saying get rid of it. That's ridiculous. I'm saying make it hidable, if one should so choose.

[Edit]: By hide I mean autohide. :rolleyes:

4. dpfenninger macrumors regular

Bump...anyone?

I, too, have had the issue with Menufela hiding the Dock inadvertently, as well as other "wonky" behavior.

Are there other menubar hiding options?