Is there a way to lock an application to a space? here's my workflow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bottomsup, May 30, 2011.

1. Bottomsup macrumors regular

I'm using the 11" air so the screen is small. I often review documents and commment on them via email so what I'd like to do is always display my email application (lotus notes) in a dedicated space. I don't want any other apps in this space only that one.

Then i will open documents in other spaces and use "CTRL arrows" to toggle through the spaces to read/review, then back to email to comment. The reason I don't want any other apps to load in the "email" space is that they will steal focus which slows me down.

I managed to get my email app loaded in space #2 via config, but the problem is other apps load there too and steal focus. For example I click a link in an email and the browser loads in the same space.

Thanks

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

You know you can lock applications to spaces under "Expose and Spaces" in the Preferences pane?

3. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i've done that, but the problem is I don't want anything else opening in that space. The example I gave of how a link in an email launches my browser in the same space taking focus is an example. Maybe if I had the browser open in another space already this wouldn't happen (need to check this) but there are other examples....

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You need to lock your most frequently used apps to specific spaces as well.

5. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular