Is there a way to lock the iphone while I'm talking to someone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paperhearts63, Nov 4, 2010.

1. paperhearts63 macrumors member

When I make calls on my iphone I keep accidentally pushing my ear against the phone and pushing buttons which sometimes causes the call to drop. is there a way to lock the phone while I'm talking on it so that won't happen? Thanks!

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

yeah just hit the sleep / wake button, which is the button on the top right

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you hit the lock/sleep button at the top, the call will keep going even though the phone is locked. You'll have to hit that button again and unlock your phone if you want to hang up or do anything else.

You should probably take the phone in to an Apple store to get looked at, since the proximity sensor is supposed to prevent the problems you're having. Apple claims they fixed any proximity sensor problems with iOS 4.1, so if you're at that version and still having issues, they need to know about it.

4. getatkyill macrumors regular

I often use my ear buds that came with the iPhone 4 (with mic) when I'm at work and on hold for long periods of time with places..I always hit the lock button at the top, never a problem.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

Actually if you don't have headphones plugged in, hitting the sleep wake button during a call disconnects the call

6. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yep, that's the snag.

Unless your using the speakerphone or a headset (wired or bluetooth), the call automagically disconnects.

Assuming you're using iOS4.1 or later, a prox sensor issue would have me making a trip to an Apple store for a replacement.