Is there a way to lock the keyboard on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ironjawedangel, Nov 22, 2012.

1. ironjawedangel macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I'm having a huge problem and daily fits with my overly active cat and Mac Book Pro. The problem is he is always on my mac and just press the keyboard buttons (one time he decided to invert the colors of the screen for example). Is there a way to lock the internal keyboard (preferably with a shortcut)? I don't one something that would lock my screen, because I want to watch movies and stuff on it without my cat changing the aspect ratio or such. Is it possible or is it just a dream.

Thanks!

2. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

LOL. Sorry I can't help you, but I had the exact same cat. Keyboard surfer / keyboard sleeper. I use an external keyboard that has a power on/off button, and when I watch movies on the MBP, it's on my lap / belly and I had to fight the cat all the time :p

3. ironjawedangel thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Pasadena, actually I found the keyboard clean tool to be useful against naughty cats :p You just need to open the app and press a button to lock the keyboard, then you can watch your movies without interruption. Of course there is still sleeping on the keyboard thing, but at least now he can't change the aspect ratio or press audio delay :p