iPhone Is there a way to manually change Chrome's user agent?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbplayer5, Feb 7, 2013.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

User agent faker is not working. Wondering if there was a way to change Chrome to load iPad pages instead of mobile sites? Is there a file I can edit somewhere until User Agent Faker works?

Thanks.

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Hey did you ever find a fix for this? I just did some searching to see if I was the only one experiencing this and I found your post. I've been using safari and user agent faker since evasion came out for iOS6 but before that on iOS5 I was using the Dolphin Browser which lets you permanently switch to desktop mode. It's a built in feature (pretty awesome too).

But since updating and jailbreaking iOS6 I found safari to be much better for me now than it was on iOS5. I was playing around with chrome and noticed user agent faker has no effect whatsoever on it. It's pretty annoying too.

Did you ever figure out a way to make chrome automatically request desktop sites instead of automatically loading the mobile version?

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

OP, not sure if you found a solution but I just accidentally stumbled on a fix. I just bought the Flex app and found that I can set chrome to always load the desktop version of the sites I visit. I can confirm it works. I'm on 6.1.2. I'm very happy with Flex lol.