Is there a way to move a window to your current workspace?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mossme89, Jun 27, 2017.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

If you want to go to another window that's currently open on another Space/Desktop, clicking the application on the Dock redirects you to the Space it is currently on. I find that to be quite annoying actually. I'm trying to find a way to stop that behavior because it's really annoying and instead move the window to my current workspace.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I know that I can drag a window to a different Desktop/Space when all of them are lined up at the top of the screen. Can't tell you the exact steps since I'm at work.

3. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I'm not aware of any way to automatically pull windows open on other spaces to the current space, that seems like it would be quite irritating since I have windows on specific spaces for a reason.

One way to get a window to the current space is to right-click on the app icon in the dock, go to Options and select "Assign to this desktop." That will pull it to the current space and keep it there.

Some other ways to move windows to other spaces...
    • Click and drag the window to the edge of the screen that's towards the space you want to move it to and hold it there, it will switch to the neighboring space and bring the window with it.
    • Press CTRL-UP_ARROW on the screen with the window you want to move, this will zoom out and display all open windows on the current space and show all spaces at the top of the screen. Drag and drop the window up to the space you want to move it to.
    Good luck!