Is there a way to receive push emails on iPod Touch while it is in sleep mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saberahul, Jan 7, 2009.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

It really annoys me that i'd miss an appointment (ya mine are last minute based so i really need to know the minute the email is sent) becasue my iPod touch did not receive it as it was in sleep mode. DOes anyone know of a way from which I can receive emails on iPod Touch while it is in sleep mode?

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Not Sure

What about the "Fetch New Data" option in Settings? That sounds like it might work. Maybe someone could confirm this but the smallest setting is 15 minutes.

I'm not sure because I fetch manually to save battery.

3. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Well the fetch feature will check for email every 15 minutes but I don't think it gives any type of audible alert while asleep to notify you of them. Hopefully this becomes a feature in the future because I sure would appreciate it.

4. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

The fetch feature checks every 15 minutes and does notify you with an audible alert (assuming you can hear it) - my question is that can you push while you are in sleep mode?

5. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Sorry, you're correct, I had fetch on and never heard the audible alert but just tried it out and it does sound the alert. Its not very loud though. (even with the volume up)