Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockworstface

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
I have the number one badge on the settings icon....when I go into settings there is a #1 next to software update. When I go into software update it says my software is up to date. Is there a way to remove the annoying red badge?

Knockworstface

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
When you do another update of any of your apps it will go away. My 5 and 5S would do this sometimes.

That's such a load of BS. :rolleyes:

Does anyone really know what the hell they are talking about these days? Or is all about ********ting people and hoping they don't catch on?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Does anyone really know what the hell they are talking about these days? Or is all about ********ting people and hoping they don't catch on?

You are showing how little you know.

You asked you answers, I told you what happened to me. I personally hope your NEVER goes away until your eyes bleed!:p

----------

That didn't work. I've already done a hard reset numerous times.

Do you know how to do a reset?:(

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

It will not go away until Apple issues the next software update and you then perform the update.

I know, it's annoying, mine is stuck as well, but that's just the way it is. There is no way to force clear it.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
It will not go away until Apple issues the next software update and you then perform the update.

I know, it's annoying, mine is stuck as well, but that's just the way it is. There is no way to force clear it.

One way left: go back to 7.x and jailbreak. Won't work for 6/6+ of course.

Knockworstface

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013

You're right. Thanks for not spewing BS. :)

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
its likely a glitch but a rare one, not often are software updates available then pulled, so you phone gave the badge when it was available but you did not run the update before it was pulled

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.