Is there a way to schedule emails in Mail?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by improver, Dec 17, 2013.

1. improver macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

Is there any way you know of to schedule emails in Mail?

Also is there any way to remove emails from inbox but have them auto appear again later?

For example I wake up and have 50 emails in my inbox 30 of them I might decide I don't need to deal with now so want to remove from my inbox and have them reappear in my inbox on say Thursday next week. Is there a plugin or some way of doing that?

I know it is possible for free with gmail using boomerang see http://www.boomeranggmail.com

But I have so many emails I need the power of a mail client so would prefer to use mail but it would save me a lot of time if it could do this too.

Thanks

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Take a look at Mail Act On by Indev. I use it to schedule mail out. It gives you more options than regular Mail rules.

That being said, what you're trying to do would require a bit more organization, since no application is gonna know which of your "read" email you want to reappear in the inbox. If you just moved the stuff you don't want to immediately deal with to a "for 3 days hence" folder you could probably have a Mail rule that would find those by mailbox and age and move them back to the Inbox. Or flag them or something.

Anyway, check it out.

3. improver thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey robgendreau, Thanks for the help, I have had a look over at the Mail Act On by Indev website and see they also have a product called mail tags which might solve my delaying of emails issue by allowing me to mark emails as read and then have it remind me in X number of days or on a set date so I am going to have a look into that and probably download the 30 Day trial version when I am back to work to see if it does what I need.

Thanks again I appreciate your help.

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790