Is there a way to send my saved SHSH blobs to another computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M-5, Jun 12, 2011.

1. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5 beta and went to the Apple store to see if I could have my phone swapped because of my home button not working properly. They were about to until they saw I was runnin iOS 5 beta and they said that they don't support this firmware so I would have to downgrade and bring it back if I wanted them to swap it out.

The problem is that I'm out of town and my computer is at home. I can access my computer remotely but don't know how to send myself my blobs from my home computer so I can downgrade to 4.3. Anyone know how?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

3. M-5 thread starter macrumors 65816

M-5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Im honesty not sure how it works. I figured since my phone wasn't jailbroken anymore that they weren't saved in Cydia anymore. Ive been using TinyUmbrella though its just that my computer is at home 3 hours away. So Im trying to see how I can send them to myself.

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

The blobs are still on Cydias servers. Open the hosts file on the computer youre using and enter this line:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Or you can redownload TU, and use it to resave the blobs to the comp you are using.

The blobs never get deleted off Cydias server, and Cydia never knows if you are jb or not, or if the phone was incinterated in a trash compactor. It just keeps saving blobs.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can copy the folder that TU created on your hard drive and turn it into a zip file and email it to whoever you want. Those shsh blobs are small anyway so you shouldnt have problems emailing them.

6. M-5, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

M-5 thread starter macrumors 65816

M-5

I located the hosts file, but that line "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" was already in the document. I got the blobs back with Tinyumbrella. I keep getting an error message in iTunes after it attempts to restore to 4.3.3. I get error message (1). I've tried putting my iPhone into DFU mode (as opposed to Recover mode with the iTunes USB logo) by holding sleep/wake and home button for 10 seconds then releasing the sleep/wake button and holding for 5 seconds, but it won't stay in the black screen.