iPhone Is there a way to show AT&T voice mail as text?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by saba01, Feb 11, 2013.

1. saba01 macrumors member

Is there any way to print the voice mail as text and show it in notification on locked screen? I know that there are services where the voicemail is forwarded to a special account, but I would like to stay with the ATT voice mail system...any ideas here???

Thanks

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I'm guessing that you'd need to use a VM service that offers that. It seems very unlikely that you'd find a third party app with access to your carrier's VM box.

3. Nimravus macrumors member

I use YouMail. Way better than stock AT&T VM.

4. JummpyXMPP macrumors newbie

JummpyXMPP

youmail custom announcement feature possible in many open source PBX

IFF you can have your current voicemail provider email you the voicemail as WAV then you can supply a Youmail dropbox email and have youmail transcribe the voicemail for you and return it to you via XMPP (soon) or email

https://store.youmail.com/store/home.do

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

You could use google voice, if you have a google account. You don't need a google voice phone number, you can use their voicemail services with your cellphone number, and you can have them send you voicemails transcribed into text and/or email.

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I've always wanted to try YouMail. I remember when it was always on the main Cydia page and also in the list of featured packages. It might have been in the Tools to Start With category too. I can't remember exactly but either way, it was prominently displayed on Cydia. I see the package is still available but do you know if its compatible with iOS6? Specifically I'm on 6.1.1 but I'm wiling to take a chance if it works on earlier versions of iOS6. Thanks!

7. airfrancisco macrumors regular

Do you use the one from App Store or from Cydia? Any difference between both stores?

8. Nimravus macrumors member