Is there a way to subscribe to RSS feeds with the iphone mail app? (no apps)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musio, May 23, 2009.

1. musio macrumors 68020

musio

Is there a way to subscribe to RSS feeds with the iphone mail app? Without any additional apps?

I have a mobileme account if that helps....

I haven't played with RSS for a while and i just tried out google reader - there doesn't even seem to be a way on google reader to have a feed be sent to a mail account of your choice! :( :confused:

EDIT - ALL I WANT IS AN RSS FEED OF MACRUMOURS emailed!! Can't blame a geek for trying ;)

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Set up a GMail account. I think GMail supports sending email reminders for RSS feeds.

Edit: Whoops, that's what you were talking about. I'm fairly certain I've seen GMail alerts to e-mail from the Google Reader.

3. musio thread starter macrumors 68020

musio

you can forward a mail but you have to manually do it which defeats the point...you subscribe because you want automatic updates...

if only google reader would do this, i could forward this to my mobileme which would push to my iphone = automatic updates from macrumours!

any other suggestion mac brethren?

4. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Maybe once 3.0 comes out, Google will be nice enough to develop a push-enabled Google Reader app. I would drool all over that.