Is there a way to take smaller photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshwithachance, Jan 3, 2011.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I don't ever need the 5mp resolution sized photos, so I was wondering if there was an app to take lower res photos or an app to reduce photo size?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Camera+ has a 'Quality' setting in its menu that does this.

That's probably what you want. Photogene can do it to photos you've already shot but that's not a good solution for all your future photos.

That said, are they really taking up THAT much space? You never know when you'll want to crop something and then having the larger photo is a big help.

3. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

There should be an option when taking photos for you to choose how you want to take your photo.

4. peteisanidiot macrumors regular

^^

also keep in mind that when emailing photos you have the option to reduce size and such so don't needlessly limit yourself at the point of taking the photo if possible. printing downsized photos rarely works well.

periodically transfer your photos to your computer and keep things high res if free space on your phone is a concern.

5. aleni macrumors 68020

search for "simple resize" app on the appstore. i always use that to resize my photos to 1200 pixels.

6. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

This is a good question, actually. When I send pictures taken with my iPhone 4 to people with dumb phones, it often gives them an error message saying the picture has exceeded the size limit. I've been using the front camera to get around this.

7. evetorris macrumors newbie

It is very simple, go to photo option and re-size your photo or go to camera options and change resolution of your picture.

8. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; SonyEricssonX10i Build/2.0.A.0.504) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

resizing, I'm aware of.

but how do we change the camera settings?

9. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

anytime ive ever had a camera that lets you choose resolution size, somehow I end up taking pictures I really wanted... in a smaller resolution by accident

I'd say it's really not a deal breaker/option that people really want/need

Even when given a choice I always take at the highest resolution, then resize on my PC

1000GB hard drives are like $50, space really shouldn't be an issue anymore