Is there a way to tether iPod Touch to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Night Spring, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I know it seems like a stupid thing to do, because if you have an iPhone, why not use the iPhone? But I spend a lot of time commuting with my partner, who has an iPhone, and I have an iPod Touch. So I get envious of him web-surfing while I'm stuck reading my ebooks. Any way I could syphon off his connection to web-surf alongside?

The iPhone is a 3g, the Touch is a 3rd gen 32gb. Both devices are on 3.1.2, jailbroken, and the iPhone has tethering enabled. Oh, and it's on AT&T, if that makes any difference.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

With MyWi (available in RockYourPhone) he could turn his iPhone into a WiFi hotspot. You could then connect as you would to any WiFi hotspot. This would be a drain on both your batteries, though, and especially on his.

3. Night Spring thread starter macrumors G5

Night Spring

Thanks, but that's a paid app, right? I'd certainly consider it, but I'd love to hear it if anyone knows of a free solution. Thanks!

4. thekarbunkler macrumors member

add the sinfuliphone repo and browse to the sinful section, you might find something you like

5. Night Spring thread starter macrumors G5

Night Spring

Thanks for the hint, but I was hoping for a *real* free solution, not a pirated one.