Is there a way to troubleshoot the Mini DisplayPort?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by green.treefrog, Mar 16, 2010.

1. green.treefrog macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem getting the signal out through the Mini DisplayPort. It might be the adapter or it may be something else.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to check to see if the Mini DisplayPort is functioning properly.

Is there any other way to get audio/video out from the MBP other than through the Mini DisplayPort?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Currently the mini DisplayPort built into Macs does not transfer audio, you still need a 3.5mm RAC or TOS-LINK cable for that.

There are USB adapters to extend the desktop, maybe you can use that?

I assume you don't have warranty anymore?

Do you have another adapter or display?

3. green.treefrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I see about the audio. I wasn't sure if that came through with the video.

I'm trying to get the signal out to a projector. I tried it with the adapter (mini display port to vga) but it didn't work. I don't know if it's the port or the adapter that is no good. I don't have a warranty on the MBP - someone gave it to me.

I actually tried the firmware update for this since there are issues with the whole configuration but the firmware was unable to install. It's either the adapter or the port. I was just wondering if I could do anything to see if the port was malfunctioning.

That's a good idea about using the USB port. I have to look into it to see if there are any adapters that will be compatible with my projector.