Is there a way to turn of mouse acceleration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lukta, Mar 12, 2011.

1. lukta macrumors member

I checked Mroogle and couldn't seem to find anything that was current or directly related to my situation.

I have a Razor Death Adder mouse and there is a huge amount of cursor acceleration that I'm noticing specifically when I'm playing games. I don't seem to notice it as much when I'm just on my desktop, but I can barely put things where I want them to go in Star Craft II. Is there any way to disable/override the mouse acceleration?

2. Stiksi macrumors regular

Stiksi

Not through OS settings if you're talking about Mac OS. The mouse behaviour is one of the most hated features for Windows switchers. There are 3rd party solutions but at least the free solution I used to use stopped working on 10.5.

"Steermouse" and "USB Overdrive" are the solutions I've heard most people like. As far as I can remember there are free trials of either or both of them. I don't use mice anymore now that I bow down to Wacom.

3. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

4. kaheiyeh macrumors member

Check your PM.

5. superkrups20056 macrumors member

I've also been wondering about this for a long time. I can't find a legitamite answer anywhere. All the tools specified above don't really work for Mac.

6. RT2020 macrumors regular

I've never been able to get used to the OSX mouse acceleration.

SteerMouse fixes the problem