is there a way to turn off arhive/delete swipe in Mail?

btkadams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
i'll often swipe left to bring up the more/flag/archive options in mail but accidentally swipe too much and it will archive the email. is there a way to turn this off? and no, i don't want to switch the archive to delete. i never archive/delete my emails. if anything, i'd love to have it so that a big swipe like that would flag the email.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
i'll often swipe left to bring up the more/flag/archive options in mail but accidentally swipe too much and it will archive the email. is there a way to turn this off? and no, i don't want to switch the archive to delete. i never archive/delete my emails. if anything, i'd love to have it so that a big swipe like that would flag the email.
Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Swipe options.

btkadams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Swipe options.
that only enables/disables the center option of a small swipe left. if you do a big swipe left it archives/deletes (either one, based on the settings for that email inbox) it.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
that only enables/disables the center option of a small swipe left. if you do a big swipe left it archives/deletes (either one, based on the settings for that email inbox) it.
There's two boxes isn't there?

Edit:

I understand. I don't think there is at this time, you could always suggest it to apple

btkadams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
There's two boxes isn't there?

Edit:

I understand. I don't think there is at this time, you could always suggest it to apple
Hmm... ok. I will send them a message on their feedback page. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.