Is there a way to use two mouse buttons for one action?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spinnerlys, Sep 11, 2008.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello.

I have a three button mouse for my iMac, since the Mighty Mouse is used for my MacBook.

I really like the feature to press the fourth button on the MM to activate Spaces.

Is there a software I can use to map my three button mouse to do the same (or a keyboard command like F5), by pressing two buttons on that mouse like middle button (wheel) and right mouse button at the same time?

Or could this be done by script, that "listens" and when the action occurs it follows a set command?

Thanks in advance.

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

You don't say what the mouse is. But some come with software, which is usually an optional install, but will allow you to configure the buttons. Failing that, check out "USB Overdrive" as im pretty sure that will let you do what you want..

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Generally speaking, you can program individual mouse buttons, but not a two-button simultaneous click. That's because the mouse will only read one of the two buttons clicked.

4. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

@ Luap: It's an old Logitech mouse (seven years), so what ever software was there is gone.
    And USB overdrive didn't work.

@ ggjstudios: I thought so. Thanks for confirming.

I'll buy another mouse then, when this one is giving up its life.

TRYOUT or TEST

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]