Is there a way to watch Macbook pro web cam over iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fkntotalkaos, Jan 12, 2010.

1. fkntotalkaos macrumors 6502

This is more for security, as I use my laptop at the Library a lot. Is there was a way i could monitor the MacBook pro iSight webcam from my iPhone when I walk away using the Library WiFi connection :confused:

Even like a remote desktop hack or something like that that would allow me to see what is "playing" on my desktop from the webcam...
    OK I am an idiot, seems like others are thinking along the same lines as me.
    http://www.senstic.com/iphone/aircam/aircam.aspx

2. StructAural macrumors regular

3. fkntotalkaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it seems as though the libray net blocks this method....
    Is there any way around this

4. Spongey817 macrumors regular

You could get something like a remote desktop client (as you said), like Jaadu.

It will allow you to open Photobooth or a similar app using the cam, and watch from the iPhone. If the wifi connection at the library won't let you do this, I assume something like 3G Unrestrictor might come in handy, though I'm not entirely sure it'll work. It's worth a shot.

I use Jaadu with Photobooth and it works just fine. However, I haven't tried the 3G Unrestrictor method I mentioned. Good luck...

5. syner macrumors newbie

interesting question. i haven't tried it but possibly adhoc with Evocam and Total Control