Is there a way...

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
To make vBulletin inform a user that they cannot save an avatar until they have 500 posts when they try to save one in CP? :confused:

Like the pop up that comes up when you try to log out?
 

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
19,802
6
The City of Culture, Englandshire
The problem is though that people are either too daft or too lazy to go reading stuff like that. And of course, posting a thread about it and putting a few "OMG 500 posts WTF????? :confused: :confused: " replies in when the rule is pointed out helps them chip away a little at the magic 500. ;)
 
L

Lau

Guest
iGary said:
I think we need a big, huge pop up window.

"You fracking idiot, can you read?" :D
I was thinking of something like this.

 

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Yes, assuming the perpetrators can't read, the graphic illustration would do nicely :D

I remember how frustrating it was when I first joined and I couldn't do various things on the forum. It seems hard to 'fit in' when you're denied the same privileges as everybody else. Of course, once I had an avatar I realised that it had bugger all to do with fitting in and that a tiny little picture can't possibly be as important as just not being a retard.
 
L

Lau

Guest
Jaffa Cake said:
Fantastic. But it still doesn't explain why they can't post in the Political Forum or the Marketplace... ;)
Don't make me come over there. ;)

I wouldn't imagine that it was that hard to set up a window like the log out one, but then I know nothing. :eek:
 

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
1,904
68
In persona non grata
I think the rule should be changed, to 450 posts!

miniConvert said:
........I realised that it had bugger all to do with fitting in and that a tiny little picture can't possibly be as important as just not being a retard.
Oh well, never mind. Apparently I'm screwed either way.......:D
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
Lau said:
Don't make me come over there. ;)

I wouldn't imagine that it was that hard to set up a window like the log out one, but then I know nothing. :eek:
Be gentle, he's dealing with the chavalanche™ after all.
 

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
13,979
3
Gone but not forgotten.
Jaffa Cake said:
Fantastic. But it still doesn't explain why they can't post in the Political Forum or the Marketplace... ;)
The last one who complained about not being able to post in Marketplace hasn't responded to the lashing he'd been given.

Lau said:
Don't make me come over there. ;)

I wouldn't imagine that it was that hard to set up a window like the log out one, but then I know nothing. :eek:
That gives me an idea. Perhaps, every time they try to do the wrong thing, they should be logged out and perhaps further, transferred to a web site concerning patience and spiritual enlightenment.
 
L

Lau

Guest
bousozoku said:
That gives me an idea. Perhaps, every time they try to do the wrong thing, they should be logged out and perhaps further, transferred to a web site concerning patience and spiritual enlightenment.
I think there may be an (ex?) member who would have been happy to help them along the path to enlightenment. For only $19.99. :p