Is there a way...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pilotkid, Jun 1, 2007.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to watch a movie on iTunes full screen and drag it to my external display without it making the screen black on my macbook? I want to drag the movie to my other display and watch it on full screen but still do other things on my macbook...

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

In the DVD Player preferences, there's an option to "Dim other displays while playing". You might want to check if this is selected.

3. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was selected and I tried unselecting it and same thing with I click full screen mode on the movie or tv show in iTunes and then move it to the other screen the screen on my macbook goes black:confused:

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Have you tried moving it before going full screen? I don't have my external monitor here, so I can't test any of this; sorry.

5. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya just tried that didn't work. But I figured it out, If I don't click the "full screen" mode and just make the window bigger by dragging the bottom corner and stretching it, it basically makes it full screen...Thanks for all your help

6. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

RANT

Why do people have a need to do these annoying subjects as if to make it a teaser. "Is there a way..." is so irritating!

WTF? Why not just put everything in the subject line so people can quickly see what you need. I mean is it so hard to type "How watch full screen DVDs?" I mean you're posting this in a HELP forum so people here WILL look at the question. :)

Would you use this type of subect in email,? No. Then why would you do it in a forum?