Is there a Windows equivalent to the Calender app for my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iSwitchd, Feb 11, 2010.

1. iSwitchd macrumors member

I'm looking for a Calender-type app that I can make dates/appointments/to do lists on my computer that'll sync to a iPhone app. I don't ever use the Calender app on the phone, because I don't have a Mac.

So basically... is there a Windows equivalent to Calender? (That also has a software program for my computer) so that I can add to-do things on my phone OR on my computer that'll stay synced?

My girlfriend is always complaining that I forget everything she tells me, and I need a way to stay up to date. lol

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

why not setup a google calendar and sync it with your iphone's built in calendar?

I think the two work together...

Or use Outlook?

3. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

Hmm... Interesting. I wasn't aware that I could sync the google calendar with the Calendar app...?

Can anyone here verify that that is true? If so, that does seem like my best option...

4. eyespii macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yes, I can verify that this works. Not only that, but it works really well. I have my google acct set up as exchange, and email, contacts, and calendar are syncd flawlessly.

5. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

I believe you can also sync the iPhone calendar to Outlook under XP/Vista/7 and Windows Calendar under Vista/7 using iTunes.

For push, Google Calendar using Google Sync works wonderfully. Additionally, MobileMe does work under Windows and includes a web app and calendar syncing under Windows. However, if you don't own a Mac, I would probably go the Google route as MobileMe isn't the best under Windows.

6. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

So if I did decide to use Google Calendar to sync with my Calendar app.. What modifications/adjustments would be needed to do within iTunes in order to make this happen?
    Thanks guys!

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I don't do anything in iTunes, it all happens over wifi.

I am syncing 3 Google Calendars with Pocket Informant. My regular cal syncs with MobileMe. Personally, I find the stock Calendar is too limiting....

This link will probably help you out. There is even a movie!

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/