Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSwitchd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
I'm looking for a Calender-type app that I can make dates/appointments/to do lists on my computer that'll sync to a iPhone app. I don't ever use the Calender app on the phone, because I don't have a Mac.

So basically... is there a Windows equivalent to Calender? (That also has a software program for my computer) so that I can add to-do things on my phone OR on my computer that'll stay synced?

My girlfriend is always complaining that I forget everything she tells me, and I need a way to stay up to date. lol

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
why not setup a google calendar and sync it with your iphone's built in calendar?

I think the two work together...

Or use Outlook?

iSwitchd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Hmm... Interesting. I wasn't aware that I could sync the google calendar with the Calendar app...?

Can anyone here verify that that is true? If so, that does seem like my best option...

eyespii

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yes, I can verify that this works. Not only that, but it works really well. I have my google acct set up as exchange, and email, contacts, and calendar are syncd flawlessly.

cavemonkey50

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2007
Allentown, PA
I believe you can also sync the iPhone calendar to Outlook under XP/Vista/7 and Windows Calendar under Vista/7 using iTunes.

For push, Google Calendar using Google Sync works wonderfully. Additionally, MobileMe does work under Windows and includes a web app and calendar syncing under Windows. However, if you don't own a Mac, I would probably go the Google route as MobileMe isn't the best under Windows.

iSwitchd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
So if I did decide to use Google Calendar to sync with my Calendar app.. What modifications/adjustments would be needed to do within iTunes in order to make this happen?
Thanks guys!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
So if I did decide to use Google Calendar to sync with my Calendar app.. What modifications/adjustments would be needed to do within iTunes in order to make this happen?
Thanks guys!

I don't do anything in iTunes, it all happens over wifi.

I am syncing 3 Google Calendars with Pocket Informant. My regular cal syncs with MobileMe. Personally, I find the stock Calendar is too limiting....

This link will probably help you out. There is even a movie!

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.