is there acheap way to get windows 7 cd and ms office without using student discount.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, Jun 18, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i want to get windows 7 home premium for cheap, but im currently not in school so i can't get a copy of it for cheap through that, as well as ms office. any sites that sell legitimate copies for cheap?

thanks.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You should be good with Ebay or Craigslist as long as they are sealed copies.

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

4. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Yarrrr I've never bought a copy of windows; there is no reason.

5. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i bought a core i7 and i don't do any other intensive things on my mac. so i want to game on it. reason being why i want windows 7 to partition my HDD via bootcamp.

6. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

find a college student. Its by far your cheapest route. I know my school lets us buy full copies of windows 7 professional for $20. And we can download a full copy of Office and symantec antivirus for free.

Your next best, legal bet, is to buy an oem copy on newegg or amazon.

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Buy the student version of Office. Sure you are breaking the Software Agreement, but its not hacked/cracked/warez.

Then buy an OEM copy of windows 7.

If you are a student or know one, as said many times in this thread, you can get these even cheaper.

Another program which I know has not been mentioned before for Office, at least, is the Microsoft Home Use Program.

Its $10 for Office for Windows OR Mac OSX, if your company is involved.

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx?culture=en-US

8. terkozer macrumors newbie

If you know anyone that works at Microsoft, you can have them purchase it through the company store and mail it out to you. IIRC, Windows 7 Pro is ~$30 and Office is ~$25.

9. dplxy macrumors regular