Is there an accessory.....

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sjleworthy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

.....that will allow me to plug my flash/data stick into my ipad? A lightning port to usb thing? or can i buy a lightning data stick ithat'll work maybe?

Im wanting more and more to save Pages/Numbers files direct to data stick.

2. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Ah, now we're talking. Thanks matey, something to spend my christmas amazon credits on :)

3. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

4. sparksd macrumors 6502a

One thing with devices like this is that apps on the iPad can't directly see or access an attached storage device - the device usually has an app that is used to access the storage. So you really need to find out about what their app supports and how good it is. I currently have the Leef iAccess and the app constantly crashes, making the storage capability useless. Leef is currently sending me a new device to try so I'll see if that is an improvement.

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Apple sells a lightning to usb adapter but I don't think you can directly access a USB stick with it.

6. chris459 macrumors member

7. sparksd macrumors 6502a

What I've like best of all of the many different devices I have tried is the RavPower FileHub:

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Vers...&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=ravpower+filehub&psc=1

With it, I can use any USB device, including a hard drive, and/or an SD card, providing unlimited storage. Plus, the wireless capability was useful on a recent trip where one place I stayed had only wired Internet access and another place where the wireless sucked but an Ethernet connection was available so I created my own local wireless network.

8. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Wireless streaming isnt an option. I need a device that will physically plug into a basic pc and operate like a standard data stick, whilst being fully compatible with my ipad pro. Thats why i thought the TaiPove looks good, and its a lot cheaper than the options mentioned in the top of this thread.

9. sparksd macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you mean in that you use a standard USB storage device to wireless stream with using the RavPower FileHub - you can plug the same USB device into a PC to load/unload.