Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
I'd like to have the ring volume high and the new text message volume lower. Is this possible?

Thanks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You mean my text message volume? How would I do that?

Remake your .caf file (there are actually 6 SMS_received.caf files on the phone) at a lower volume, then replace the original volume .caf file with lower volume.caf file.

Only way I know.

You have to be jailbroken and have OpenSSH istalled thru Cydia, then use SSH program on your 'puter.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
You have to be jailbroken and have OpenSSH istalled thru Cydia, then use SSH program on your 'puter.

Or you could use iFile to download and upload the files. Works in any web browser over your local network, and doesn't require SSH installed or an SSH client on your computer.

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Remake your .caf file (there are actually 6 SMS_received.caf files on the phone) at a lower volume, then replace the original volume .caf file with lower volume.caf file.

I've tried to edit my .caf files for my received SMS tones (i.e making a silent tone), but once i put them back into the phone through SSH, the vibration is also shut off.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.