Is there an app for that?.....really?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h1r0ll3r, Nov 8, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Does anyone know if there is an app that will allow you to auto-hide the dock on your phone? Haven't seen anything like this but wondered if anyone knew of something like this. Thanks.

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I don't think app developers can modify the iOS.

The only modification app I can think of is the MMS icons app that allows you to send smilies in your MMS.

But when it comes down to the home screen, they are not allowed to do so.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Correct, there is not API to alter the OS behavior, there are app that allow you to do that on the JB side.

4. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

He means jailbroken so yes, apps have root access

in answer to OP's question, not that i know of

5. err404 macrumors 68020

Just a question, but how would you imagine this to work? It's not like you can move the mouse cursor over the dock to have it pop back up. Do you just want to remove the dock so you can have 5 normal rows of icons?

6. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yeah, obviously I wouldn't be able to mouse over the dock or anything but I was thinking more along the lines of using Activator to show/hide the dock. You know, have a real nice, clean looking springboard with full view of your wallpaper and then swipe or double tap or whatever to bring up the dock as well as hide it. Wishful thinking I guess but I thought this would be a cool mod. I already have Iconoclasm installed so the number of rows on my springboard isn't the issue, it was more for aesthetics than anything else.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

SBSimplify, and Stacks (just to mentioned a couple) used to do that, (Actually pretty nicely) I had no idea if those app are still on development or if they have been update to work on iOS4 but There are app out there that do that.

Here is old video of SBsimplify (got to 1:33 to see it in action)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3QTDV-CyiA

8. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Thanks. I saw the SBSimplify demo and that's about how I expected it to work. Didn't see any mention of it being iOS4 compatible so I'll just have to check around and see if it is or not.