Is there an app for this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLikeHorses, Jun 27, 2012.

1. iLikeHorses macrumors newbie

So, I was shopping around for iPhone 4s' and came to realize I have to buy it factory unlocked to use it on T-Mobile, (My network carrier duh. lol) Anyway, it costs like, $549.00 or something like that. I don't want to pay that much. So I was wondering if there was a way for me to get an iPhone 4s on any carrier and somehow use it on T-Mobile...? Is there an app that I can download or do I HAVE to buy it factory unlocked...? Oh and also, should I get it black or white? Please and thanks. !! :)

2. Hexiii, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Yes, you have to? There is no app that makes money.

3. cynics macrumors G4

To the best of my knowledge your only option is to buy an unlocked iPhone

4. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

You could buy it. Then jailbreak and unlock it.

5. iFiend macrumors 65816

Except there is no software unlock for the iPhone 4s and the current baseband.

OP- even if you got one from another carrier, I assume because you want to get it cheaper due to a subsidy, you have to sign a contract in order to do so. So you'd be paying for a contract with let's say AT&T, and then you'd have to pay for T-mobile as well. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Don't have the $ to buy one without getting it for less than full retail for factory unlocked? Wait and save up and buy it when you do. The amount of $ you'll save by buying outright will far surpass any amount you'll get by getting a subsidy now.

And if it takes you a few months to get the $, you can then buy an iPhone 5, factory unlocked ;)