Is there an app for.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpdrouin, Jun 5, 2009.

1. mpdrouin macrumors newbie

First off - I just got an 3G 8 gig iPhone and all I can say is having this phone is like when I first discovered, ummmm...how to say this.... being intimate with myself - I can't stop touching it!

Man, this thing is way cool. Anyway, I upgraded from a phone that I got like 7 or 8 years ago. As the clerk said "It will be nice to emerge from the stone age" so I am new to all this crap.

So - is there an app for....I want to send a text message to a crap load of people. Is there a way to make like a distribution list instead of adding all the names manually each time? I looked through the app store thingy and can't find it - I never had iTunes loaded on my computer so it could be right in front of me and I wouldn't know.

I hear all this talk about MMS, and so I googled it, and it sounds very cool. Is that something MMS will handle and I just need to wait till 3.0?

I am not going to jailbreak my phone.... Not my precious!!! But man, some of you make it sound sooo tempting. Aren't you scared to mess up the phone?

Oh, is there an app to shock your 12 year old daughter for taking the phone into her room?

2. The General macrumors 601

3. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

I've never heard of any iPhone being messed up by jailbreaking. When I did it, it failed three times and each time I just restored and tried again, no issues (except the time it took.) However, I'm switching back since there's nothing I need from it.

4. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Here you go...:D

StunOmatic, and its free.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

theres actually an issue involved with jailbreaking a phone that has too many apps installed. I won;t go into the technical details on why it happens (though I could), but this issue causes the phone to never finish starting up. It takes some serious know how to work your way out of this hole. A simple restore doesn't work, and DFU mode is hit or miss.

But as long as you do a clean jailbreak (nothing whatsoever on the phone when you jailbreak, put it all on after), then it will go off without a hitch every time. Guarnteed

6. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

When 3.0 comes out you can make a list of phone numbers in Notes and copy/paste them into the TO field in a text message every time you want to send to that group. I believe you would have to enter all phone numbers and it would certainly take some time but you would only have to do it once ;)

This is why copy/paste is so valuable, intuitive uses without the need for 3rd party apps.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

8. foob macrumors 6502

foob

Although the OP doesn't want to jailbreak, this could be done with hClipboard on a jailbroken phone, and it would be saved as a template so when the keyboard comes up he'd just have to touch that list and it would be pasted.