Is there an app on cydia that can check for mail every minute?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pcs are junk, Feb 10, 2010.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

i have really wanted this feature, i dont like waiting 15 minutes to see if theres a new email, i love how my mac checks for email every minute, and i wish my phone would do this too. does anybody know how a package on cydia that does this? even if i could get it to 10 minutes it would be better. thanks in advance!

2. paj macrumors regular

paj

PushMod
    It gives you the choice of 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 & 60 minutes

3. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

If you want to do it without a download, you can also do it by editing /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.persistentconnection-mcc.plist and changing the "PCDefaultPollInterval" value. It's stored in seconds.

5. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Thats a nice solution. Sometimes in my jailbreakings, I don't want to have to download what basically is bloatware, considering that I can just go do it myself.

And this thread smells kinda fishy. Like some kind of blatant advertising. PushMod has been out for a while now.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Likely not, pcs are junk is 14 yrs old, you know how impatient these young ones are nowdays.

If someone needs my attention quicker than email, SMS does the trick.

7. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Every minute? What could you possibly need emails for every minute at 14 years old?

8. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Email check every minute = non existent battery life !!!

9. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

i get lots of emails..like 1-5 a day...and i have a portable battery charger coming in the mail.

10. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

lmao... 1 to 5 a day and you need to check it every minute? You realize that in one day (24 hours) there are 1,440 minutes... so even if you got 10 emails per day (double your estimates) you would be asking your phone to fetch data 1,430 times that were not necessary. Not to mention I can guarantee your 5 emails are not so important that you need to know about them the minute you receive them.... I'm sure a data fetch every hour would be sufficient for your high profile lifestyle! :cool::p

maybe mac rumors should implement an age limit :rolleyes:

11. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

"Lots of emails" would be 100 per day or so, not 5 ;) If you absolutely must have a shorter interval, why not pick something like 5 minutes? By the time you get to 1, you may as well have push mail on, and we all know what that does to battery life...

12. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

there already is an age limit on macrumors...and no maybe not 1-5 its like 10 a day...and still they come at random times and most of them are important, or things i want to know about.

13. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

getting your mail every minute is pointless. Even people that get hundreds of emails per day would not set their email to fetch every minute. Who wants to have to look at their phone every minute because it's beeping in your pocket? Sometimes checking it every 15 minutes can be annoying.

And i assure you that your emails could wait to be viewed for 15 minutes after they are received.... nothing can be that important that you need updates every 60 seconds at your age

14. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Lots of people would disagree with that, considering there is a push option on the iphone, which means our phones ARE buzzing every time there is a new email.

15. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

this is not about you, its about me...if you dont want to check for emails every minute, then dont, i dont care. this is my personal preference, if you dont like it, then too bad. because i do like it. now you can continue to cry and whine telling me i dont need this, or you can get on with your life, and do things that benefit you, like how this benefits me.

16. lostime macrumors regular

just get Pushmod or turn on Push notifications. Take it easy on the kid, he asked a question and got an answer. It doesn't matter how many emails he gets, if he wants it to check every second that's his right and his choice to suffer the battery consequences.

He could just as easily rag on you for having 120 apps on your phone, there's no way you use that many but hey......it's your phone, do what you want with it.

17. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

push != fetching every minute.

and i'm not crying kid... do what you want just trying to tell you that you are going to be wasting a lot of battery life for nothing, even if you have an external charger but hey it's your phone...

18. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

pcs are junk and paj are clearly the same person...

PCs Are Junk and PAJ. See the pattern? And it was only 16 minutes between asking the question and giving the thanks for the answer.

:rolleyes:Doh!

Tiptopp

19. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

yes newbie, because i really know how to make an account on this website, let alone know how to use a computer when i was 7.

20. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Haha, this is a good point. :D

This is NOT a good point. Let's calm down for a minute. Which is more likely?

A) Someone is so desperately trying to shill for a tiny free package that fulfills a niche function for the already-small niche of people with jailbroken phones that they created two separate accounts 6 years apart and posted extensively on both of them using different writing styles, or

B) Someone browsing the "iPhone Hacks" subsection of a massive Apple-related forum knew of a package (which some might call an "iPhone Hack") that could do what the OP wanted?

And even if you for some reason insist on believing (A), who cares? Now the information is here for anyone else who wants/needs it. A theoretical conspiracy to promote a Cydia package that modifies a .plist file is not exactly at the top of most people's worries for the day.

21. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

22. thep33t macrumors regular

@OP:

Please explain the secrets to getting only 5 emails a day? I would settle for only a hundred NON-spam...

23. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

actually...its normally only ten....now that you guys keep flaming this thread, and i keep getting emails from it, by the time today ends im going to have recieved 200 emails.

24. TheEngineer macrumors member

Switch to Gmail and use push notifications.

When I bought my iPhone, I was using two email accounts. One had push notification support (Gmail) and one did not. It didn't take long to switch to Gmail full time. Besides push, Gmail syncs with my actual email account (some others simply send a copy to my iPhone inbox), so I don't have to receive everything twice.

25. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

for someone who gets only 10 emails a day I would suggest just having said email sent to yahoo or gmail that pushes vs having your battery getting owned for checking every minute for a nonexistent email.