Is there an app or way in iOS to get custom vibration for alerts?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pruppert, Jul 11, 2012.

1. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

I know that you can set a custom vibration for all or individual contacts. But I am wondering if there is a way in iOS or via an app that allows for setting custom vibrations for alerts, specifically calendar events or reminders.

2. qubeofwar macrumors regular

are these for stock or for 3rd party solutions?
    For 3rd party solutions, the settings should be within the app itself.

3. pruppert thread starter macrumors 6502

pruppert

I'd be happy if there was a way to do it either way.

A potential workaround that I've discovered is to set up an ifttt recipe to send you a text message at a certain time. You then might be able to set the custom vibration for ifttt if they in fact always send the text from the same number.

Basically, the reason that I want this functionality is so that I can keep my phone in my pocket and have it give a custom vibration at the top of the hour or at certain intervals so that I can generally keep track of what time it is without having to look. I wouldn't use this all the time, just during times at work when it would be impolite to be pulling out my phone to check the time.

The reason it would need to be a custom vibration is so it would be distinguishable from emails and texts.

Kind of an esoteric problem, I'll admit. But I was just curious if there was a simple solution available.