Is there an app similar to TabletTalk for iOS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by powerwagon, Feb 16, 2013.

1. powerwagon macrumors member

My brother has a Nexus 7 and really wants an iPhone, but he currently uses an android phone and his Nexus 7 to text with. Are there any options that would allow him to continue to text on his nexus 7, connecting somehow through his iPhone? He is not going to jailbreak, so that's not an option.

Thanks

2. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I've looked for something like this as well and haven't found anything that is available. Hopefully someone here has something.

3. powerwagon thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I think Mysms may work just fine. He should be able to use it on his tablet regardless of what phone he's using.

4. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I guess we're looking for something different. That app will work fine if others have it as well. I was looking for something that integrated into the sms app itself.

5. powerwagon thread starter macrumors member

I thought you could set it up to go through your cellular provider and text to anyone?

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I think it's like WhatsApp. Just a 3rd party text app.

7. powerwagon thread starter macrumors member

8. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Just an FYI. Yesterday, Remote Messages 2 was released and does this. It's $2.50 right now on sale in Cydia. As long as your iPhone and computer/tablet are on the same WiFi network you can iMessage/text from them. Bought it last night and love it.

Edit: Saw you said jailbreak isn't an option. Well that's the only way I know of now.