Is there an app that blocks certain incoming calls?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Pooshka, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Pooshka macrumors 65816

An app that blocks anonymous, unknown, 000-000-0000 calls or allows calls only from my contacts would be absolutely awesome!

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

God i hope so. But it seems at least with the current apis the answer is, it will have to come from apple.

I hope I am wrong.

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Theres not one out yet. On my 1st gen iphone that was jailbroken. I had an app called MCleaner which was awesome. It would block any numbers u put in it from calling or texting u. Also had some other great features. Im hoping they make it for the 3giphone/2.0 software.

4. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

and i bet there won't be, unless you jailbreak.

developers don't have access to core functions (or whatever they're called, phone, ipod, etc.)

5. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

It's a good idea, worth suggesting to Apple. At the very least it would be nice to be able to connect a specific ring tone to numbers coming in as "anonymous" or "unknown" so you can just skip even looking at it. Or even, more simply, a ring tone for any number calling that isn't in your contacts.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It would have to be done by Apple as part of the phone software. Suggest it to them on the feedback page.

An app doesn't do anything until you launch it. The only way this could work as an app is if you had such an app running ALL the time, which obviously wouldn't work.

7. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

right, no background services prevents this sort of thing for 3rd party apps.