Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I'm looking for an app that is well designed without too much complexity. I run a business where I can have expenses during the day a lot. I want to be able to jot it down with this app (preferably with some quick pick categories etc). Then at the end of the day be able to sync it with the desktop, and of course be able to do some more complex things on the desktop client (generate some simple reports and see some statistics etc).

Is there such a thing?

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
I'm looking for an app that is well designed without too much complexity. I run a business where I can have expenses during the day a lot. I want to be able to jot it down with this app (preferably with some quick pick categories etc). Then at the end of the day be able to sync it with the desktop, and of course be able to do some more complex things on the desktop client (generate some simple reports and see some statistics etc).

Is there such a thing?

Is it possible to do your spending with a bank card? If so, setup a mint.com account and you can monitor all of your spending. It also gives you nice graphs and such that shows your monthly expenses at certain places etc. And of course there is an iPhone app.

While the purpose is not to replace QuickBooks, it will give you a picture of your expenses.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Is it possible to do your spending with a bank card? If so, setup a mint.com account and you can monitor all of your spending. It also gives you nice graphs and such that shows your monthly expenses at certain places etc. And of course there is an iPhone app.

While the purpose is not to replace QuickBooks, it will give you a picture of your expenses.

Thanks but not everything is paid with a bank card, some could be paypal, some cash etc. Which is exactly why I need an app where I can punch it in right away, otherwise at the end of the month it's absolute hell going through all my credit card/paypal/debit bills trying to sort all the expenses :(

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.