Is there an app that..?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iFanaddic, Nov 5, 2008.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Is there an app that adds options to your system preferences? I wanna be able to edit and change the thing that bug me on this computer

Example: the sound that it makes when you pump the volume up or down, I wanna be able to turn that off its so annoying!!

They are many other things I was want to have control over so I was a hoping an app could help me achieve that..

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Onyx has some extra options which you can mess about with, but it dosen't have anything to change the sound of volume control. Therefore it probably won't have everything that you want, but its worth a look

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html

3. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

You already can turn that off. In a confusing twist, it's located in System Preferences > Sound > Sound Effects

God knows why they'd put it there.

:p

I'm with you there, I hate the duck sound. Something you should do sometime is just go through every option in System Preferences, you may find some things you didn't know about.

4. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

But I dont wanna block all the sounds only that particular one is bothering me

5. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Um, that option only stops the stupid volume up/down noise. It doesn't turn off all system noises.

Here's one you might like.
    http://secrets.blacktree.com/

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well the actual option with the System Preferences-->Sound-->Sound Effects (in Leopard anyway) is near the bottom and reads "Play feedback when volume is changed" as I just found out when I looked and played with it. That click sound is the only one affected.