Is there an app that....?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jonnykanzen, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jonnykanzen macrumors member

I'm going on a long distance cycle. Just wondering if theres any sort of app that tracks my by GPS so that friends and family can follow me online?

Thanks,

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I searched the store for "GPS tracking" and a few apps came up that seem to do what you want. One of which is actually called GPS Tracking.

3. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

If you have MobileMe, your friends and family could log into your account to track your phone's location.

4. 360glitch macrumors newbie

I do believe I've heard of such an app. Unfortunately I have no idea what it's called. :(

5. bunger macrumors 6502

This would be a cool app - keep us posted on what you find!

6. Macgic macrumors 6502

My friend uses cyclemeter. I have never used it, but everytime he rides it shows up as a facebook status and I can see where he rode, how far, how long, and it remembers your route to track your times.

7. IronLogik macrumors 6502

RunKeeper

Plus the RunKeeper Elite subscription. This will give you live tracking using the GPS on your phone on their website so others can join in and see where you are.

Looks like it's $5/monthly or $20/yearly for RunKeeper Elite.

There's a free app you can try and it will sync with their website. Worth looking at. I used it until I bought a Garmin Forerunner which for me was way more accurate and I don't need live tracking or anything.

If you don't need live tracking then there are several apps. RunKeeper, Cyclemeter (same as Runmeter), and a few others. Those are the two very popular apps though.

8. kmcrawford macrumors member

9. GardnerMS macrumors newbie