Is there an app to force atomic to be default browser?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Dragoro, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Tired of safari popping up when I click on links.

2. heathpitts macrumors member

Currently only by jailbreaking and using a browser changer app.

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I feel your pain.

Hoping they may do this on iPad2 but to be honest it's such a simple and tiny option to add under settings that if they didn't want to do it for the long awaited 4.2 update we waited months for, then I'm not holding out much hope they will give us the choice.

I will still keep my fingers crossed as everyone who uses a different more advanced browser would want this option.

Apparently it's been submitted to Apple as a request quite heavily and also requested by the devs of the alternate browsers.

Fingers Crossed.

4. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak and search for "browser changer" in Cydia. Works wonderfully, I have iCab as my default browser. :)

5. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

This is probably one of the TOP reasons I will NOT upgrade my JBed 3.2 iPad.

That and SB Settings to change the brightness rapidly and turn off wifi, my usb card reader and keyboard that still works, etc., etc.

6. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

FWIW, I upgraded and have jailbroken my iPad with Redsn0w. It's very very stable, you only need to tether if you reboot. After jailbreak you will need to tether boot, then tether boot again for a couple initial important cydia installs... and after that you are good to go.

Browser Changer is one of my biggest things as well, so I feel ya. :)