Is there an app to lock the phone from the Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fezzzer, Dec 31, 2015.

1. fezzzer macrumors member

I know it is possible to lock and unlock the watch from the phone, but is it possible the other way around?

So to lock/standby the phone from the Watch. I can't seem to find any on the App Store.

Many thanks.

2. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

There is no iPhone app to lock/unlock AW, nor AW app to unlock/unlock iPhone.
    There is no API available from Apple on iOS or WatchOS to lock/unlock either.

You could unlock AW from iPhone as part of iOS/WatchOS function, not app, and it is because AW is extension of iPhone. Not other way around. Apple assume if you have access to master, iPhone, it will allow you to unlock slave, AW, if you turn on feature in iOS/WatchOS.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If the iPhone unlocks every time you interact with the Watch, that's a good way to drain the iPhone battery. Not to mention that it's pointless because the iPhone now unlocks as soon as you grab it with your thumb on TouchID.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jay makes a good point. I'm curious to know what circumstance the OP has in mind where they want to unlock the phone without actually having it in their hand.