Is there an app to make the iPhone sleep?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hierobryan, Jun 22, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

When I say sleep I mean sleep like when you press the button on the top near the sim card. Is there an app that can do that?

2. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

I don't understand your need for that, could you explain?

3. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just want an app that puts my phone to sleep, the way iReboot reboots the phone.

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Yeah, it's this great app.
    It's called... press the button that does it...

5. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

yeah, you read my mind, are we both missing something here, because surely its just as easy to press the button as it is to click an app to do it?

6. Archie- macrumors regular

Steve Jobs said one-screen malleable interfaces are much better, and buttons are passé.

Also, maybe he does not want to wear out the button :)

7. patrickj macrumors regular

BossPrefs - the utility app for toggling on and off services like Bluetooth, SSH, WiFi etc - just added this ability to its main dock area. Tap once to go to a series of sleep / power off etc. options ...

8. altern8 macrumors newbie

There is a ligament reason for a sleep app, meany's

For instance I watch TV shows or Kids movies to fall asleep, most of the time on my iPad.

On Netflix when u watch shows like Family Guy, the episodes play one after another, unless interrupted by the user.

After I fall asleep, the hits keep on rolling. It kills the battery and wastes power.

Netflix does not have a sleep option so I'm stuck watching the same ol movies until there is an sleep app. Almost all tv's come with why not computers and iPads