Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

I don't understand your need for that, could you explain?

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

JBaker122586 said:
Yeah, it's this great app.
It's called... press the button that does it...

yeah, you read my mind, are we both missing something here, because surely its just as easy to press the button as it is to click an app to do it?

Archie-

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007

yeah, you read my mind, are we both missing something here, because surely its just as easy to press the button as it is to click an app to do it?

Steve Jobs said one-screen malleable interfaces are much better, and buttons are passé.

Also, maybe he does not want to wear out the button :)

patrickj

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Texas
BossPrefs - the utility app for toggling on and off services like Bluetooth, SSH, WiFi etc - just added this ability to its main dock area. Tap once to go to a series of sleep / power off etc. options ...

altern8

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014
There is a ligament reason for a sleep app, meany's

For instance I watch TV shows or Kids movies to fall asleep, most of the time on my iPad.

On Netflix when u watch shows like Family Guy, the episodes play one after another, unless interrupted by the user.

After I fall asleep, the hits keep on rolling. It kills the battery and wastes power.

Netflix does not have a sleep option so I'm stuck watching the same ol movies until there is an sleep app. Almost all tv's come with why not computers and iPads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.