Is there an app to monitor data usage precisely?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ashin, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Ever since updating to 4.3 I keep getting intermittent data usage in fairly small quantities (about 1-2kb up and down every 2 minutes)

Even after turning everything off, it keeps doing it, is there an app I can use to see what processes are using data etc to try and root this problem out?

Before you ask I have disabled all push, locations, mail, etc everything and it still does it. And yes I know 4.3 isn't jailbroken yet, but it's very soon to be.

2. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

If you're in Canada like myself and use the Rogers network for service, you could install the Rogers app and it'll tell you all your usage, whether it be minutes, text or data.

If you're in the USA look for an AT&T app...I'm sure it'll offer the same stuff.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

im with Rogers and yes its good app when it works, mine still hasnt reset from the 11th

4. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

try uninstall....reinstall and it should work fine. Also, I'm sure you know already, but you can't use wifi when using this app, it has to be on 3g/edge to work.

The app's data should reset each billing cycle. For instance mine ends every month of the 24 and my app resets on the 25th at 12:01am

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

still no go, called Rogers they are not seeing anything from the 11th till today, i know its only 3 days but thats 10% of the month so that doesnt help much if you really like to monitor your usage