Is there an app to temporarily mask the background wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lastmboy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Lastmboy macrumors regular

Has anyone come across an app that would temporarily change the background to a solid color? I know I can go into system preferences and change it. However, then, when you want it back, you have to go find the photos again (dual displays). I remote connect to my iMac daily, and I haven't yet found a remote connection app that will hide the wallpaper. Teamviewer is supposed to, but the option doesn't work. Logmein doesn't even have the option. Therefore, every time I remote in, I have to keep watching the wallpaper redraw. I just thought there might be something out there that could cover it with a solid color. Then, restore back to my normal wallpaper when I'm done. Make any sense?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

TeamViewer can indeed hide the wallpaper if you elect that option. I use it daily and it works perfectly. What version of TV and what version of Mac OS X are you running?

3. jpmack, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

jpmack macrumors member

Timbuktu Pro has a option in preferences to hide the desktop pic or pattern - been there for years

Of course, it's not free...

4. Lastmboy thread starter macrumors regular

TeamViewer ver 7.0.11359
    OS X 10.8.1

The option is there and I have it checked, but the wallpaper still shows up. I could have sworn that it worked once or twice when I first set it, but it hasn't worked for several weeks since. I can click it on and off, restart, etc., etc., and the wallpaper still shows up.

----------

Thanks. That's one I haven't tried, yet. It appears that they have a trial version, so I'll take a look.

5. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

6. Lastmboy thread starter macrumors regular

Yup. That does the trick! Many thanks.