Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbarney

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Is there an app that will place a notification on the display reminding you that your iphone is in silent/vibrate mode?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
No, but theres pretty big switch on the phone, which indicates on or off for silent mode. It's on the left hand side of your phone and is the best indicator I know of.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Why would there be an app for this? It only takes a quick second to check the left side of your phone where your volume buttons are and see if it's in vibrate/silent mode or not.

tbarney

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I know there's a big switch. Issue is I put it in silent mode and forget about it being in silent mode. Was hoping there was some sort of software/feature (sorry for calling it an APP) available that would put an indicator on the display, like in airplane mode does.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Is there an app that will place a notification on the display reminding you that your iphone is in silent/vibrate mode?

Apple would not allow an App like this onto the App Store.

It's unfortunate that they don't have an option to put something on the screen when the phone is in silent mode.

I personally resort to toggling the switch to see if it vibrates.

spaghetti head

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
No, but theres pretty big switch on the phone, which indicates on or off for silent mode. It's on the left hand side of your phone and is the best indicator I know of.
My switch is hidden under my Otterbox flap. It's easy to forget it was put on silent. I have my phone set to vibrate also because I'll turn down the volume on apps and then my ringer is off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.