Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Received an email this evening about AppleCare that I didn't buy. What's worrying is that the email has my actual address and name listed, and it has the actual details of a 13inch MBP I bought last month (was a gift for someone else).

The email isn't asking for any details, and the listed number and web address is real Apple.

Here's the email:

Apple Inc.

AppleCare Protection Plan Certificate

XXXXXX XXXXX
XX XXXXXX XXXX
EDINBURGH
XXX XXX
United Kingdom

Thank you for purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan. This certificate confirms that you agreed to AppleCare Protection Plan terms and conditions and the Apple product(s) entitled for coverage.

Please keep this certificate and the original proof of purchase for your Apple products and the Agreement as they may be required if there is any question as to the product's eligibility for service under the Agreement.

Below you will find a list of products entitled for AppleCare Protection Plan coverage. Please take a moment to review it. If corrections are necessary or if you have questions please call us on 0844 209 0611*.

Agreement Type: UK HE BASE WARRANTY 07 FOR MACBOOK
Agreement No.: 78XX14XX38

Coverage is now in effect and expires on 25/08/2013. The AppleCare Protection Plan is a uniquely integrated service and support solution that extends your built-in service and support coverage.

If you experience difficulties with the covered Apple product, please follow the instructions on the AppleCare Protection Plan user's guide before calling Apple for assistance on 0844 209 0611*.

For complete details on the AppleCare Protection Plan visit http://www.apple.com/uk/support/products/

(*) 5p per minute when calling from landline. Call may cost more when calling from a mobile phone

AppleCare Team

Apple product(s) covered under agreement:
Product Serial Number Contract End Date
MACBOOK PRO (13-INCH, MID 2010) 34032XXXATM 25/08/2013

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Er...isn't that the 3yr parts and labour warranty that comes with all UK Higher Education purchases?.

Either that or its a refurb purchase and the previous owner bought AppleCare for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.