Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
You can just use the Mail app, I just tried this. Select your own address as receiver, attach the file and send it. After few seconds, you should see the email in your inbox.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I was hoping there is an easy way so I don't have to leave whatever I'm doing -- maybe a right-click option or something like that ...

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
Right click and use the Services menu, if "New Email With Attachment" isn't showing just add it with " Create Service".

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I see send email as a service in the apple icon (top left of the desktop), but not when I right click .. nor do I see the choice to add service. Also, can I assign a shortcut to this?

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
I see send email as a service in the apple icon (top left of the desktop), but not when I right click .. nor do I see the choice to add service. Also, can I assign a shortcut to this?

The Apple menu shouldn't have Services listed, but any file you Left or right click on in Finder should have services listed at the bottom of the pop up menu. Services are handy for a lot of things, the list will change depending on what application you are in, some will have no services some will have a lot.

Attachments

• am.jpg
    am.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 49
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.