Is there an automatic profile manager

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cjbryce, Jun 24, 2008.

1. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Looking for a time/day-based profile manager to manage settings on the soon-to-be-purchased 3G iphone.

As an example I want to be able to have a profile that:-

Switches Bluetooth on 06:30-09:00 Mon-Fri
    Switches Bluetooth on 17:00-18:30 Mon-Fri
    Switches Bluetooth on 07:30-23:00 Sat & Sun
    Prevents ringing/text tones &etc 23:00-06:30 daily (but allows alarms)
    Switches WiFi off 09:30-12:30 Mon-Fri
    Switches WiFi off 13:30-19:00 Mon-Fri

That sort of thing. Any suggestions (aside from remembering to do it all manually:))

2. patrickj macrumors regular

I really don't recall ever seeing a profiles sort of app that does all this for the iPhone, at least not automatically / on a scheduled basis.

A (very good) manual alternative is the BossPrefs app for toggling on / off BT, WiFi, SSH etc ...

3. cjbryce thread starter macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Thanks for this.

Seems like a great opportunity for a developer to add something to App store for this. If it could also change ringer volume profiles dependent on time of day and add over-ride profiles for meetings &etc I'd easily be persuaded to part with $30 or so:)

Photo Contacts Pro offers some of this for WM6 smartphones, although it's based mostly on managing contacts. Those guys might look at iPhone now that App store is on the way - fingers crossed:)

4. patrickj macrumors regular

I think you're right - an app like this would likely do very well in the App Store, though I'd hope the price might be lower than $30 and I wonder whether this is another area where Apple's restrictions (on system access etc) will preclude anyone from doing it properly ...

5. HalfApple macrumors newbie

There is "auto profile manager" app

Search for "auto profile manager" on cydia. It does what you want. You can create different profiles and schedules. It will change profile according to the schedule. It has option to:) sync with calendar and change profile when there is meeting.

6. petroz macrumors newbie

A good auto profile manager with simple features and having auto silent while meeting is available, latest and good working auto profile manager download here,
    http://www.freemobifun.com/download-new-auto-profiles-manager-4-4-3-1-0/

7. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Yeah, this isn't currently possible with the restrictions that Apple has set on the App Store.