Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I'm rather new to the Mac and can't seem to find an easier way to rename a photo, other than through "Get Info". On a PC I can just right click the photo and then click "Rename". Isn't there an easier way to do this on a Mac? Oh and I'm really not liking iPhoto one bit.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm rather new to the Mac and can't seem to find an easier way to rename a photo, other than through "Get Info". On a PC I can just right click the photo and then click "Rename". Isn't there an easier way to do this on a Mac? Oh and I'm really not liking iPhoto one bit.
miles01110 is right (he always is!) on the way to rename an individual file. If you want to batch rename a number of files, I've found Name Mangler to be particularly useful. I also don't care for iPhoto, so I don't use it.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Highlight the file, hit "Enter" and you can type in whatever name you want within the character limit.

If you don't like iPhoto, don't use it.
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted! And I don't use iPhoto anymore, It's easier to just keep all my photos in a regular folder.

ucdesai

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2010
If you want to rename bunch of photos you use Automator. It is very useful and and comes with every Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.