Is there an easier way to track reply's via User CP?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by tigres, Sep 27, 2011.

1. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Sorry for the Q, but I cannot locate my answer anywhere here.

I don't like email subscriptions, but I am (at times) interested in finding out reply's to my posts.

Is there a way available currently (perhaps I am unaware of) to access such data? Example being if we are off the boards for a while, and hit the CP later in the day, we have to go through pages of posts to find said reply's.

if it is not available, can it be implemented?
    thx.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

All modern browsers have a bookmark feature. Use that if you really want to track a thread.

3. tigres thread starter macrumors 68040

tigres

Sorry, I don't follow you.

How does bookmarking a thread answer my question? Maybe I am missing something:confused:

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you bookmark a thread you can see if someone replied to you. If you are asking specifically about notification for replies that quote your earlier posts or reply specifically to your posts in a thread, this has been brought up many times and is not possible.

5. tigres thread starter macrumors 68040

tigres

Now that is exactly what I was looking for, funny could not find any threads of the sort.
    At any rate, wonder why it's not possible; I would not think it too difficult to implement on the new host site.

thanks for the explanation miles...

6. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I understand where you are coming from with your question... i would like a better solution for that as well...

However what miles is trying to say that maybe in the meantime you can create a bookmark folder called macrumors thread and put all the important threads for your into there... at least thats how i understand it...

7. tigres thread starter macrumors 68040

tigres

Oh I understand where miles was coming from w/bookmarking, but really MR has that ability baked in with subscribed threads under the CP.

just no way apparently to utilize a "quick jump" to specific reply's to "you- the user".

Hmm.

8. tigres thread starter macrumors 68040

tigres

Looks like we have a winner. Via PM's we now get Quote Notifications! :)

Nice job crew.

9. Zxxv Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

This sort of goes here.

When subscribing to a topic on the mobile version it sets up instant email notification. On the main version it can be set to daily or none etc

Would it be possible for the setting set in the full version settings page to apply to the mobile version please. At the moment it doesn't. Thanks

For seeing my replied to threads I goto - home - my threads

I find it easier than book marking